Readings: PDFs (password-protected) are available at the bottom of this page
- Aganza, J. S., Godinez, A., Smith, D., Gonzalez, L. G., & Robinson-Zañartu, C. (2015). Using cultural assets to enhance assessment of Latino students. Contemporary School Psychology, 19, 30-45.
- Bialystok, E., & Barac, R. (2013). Cognitive effects. In F. Grosjean & P. Li, The psycholinguistics of bilingualism (pp. 192-213). Wiley-Blackwell.
Best Practices for School-Based IEP Team Functions During Remote and Blended Learning. (2020). Retrieved January 11, 2021, from https://infohub.nyced.org/working-with-the-doe/specialeducation-providers/standard-operating-procedures-manual/remote-school-based-iep-teamfunctions
Elizalde-Utnick, G., & Romero, P. A. (2017). Assessment of English Language Learners. In E. C. Lopez, S. Nahari, & S. Proctor (Eds.). Handbook of multicultural school psychology: An interdisciplinary perspective, 2nd Ed. (pp. 193-217). NY: Routledge.
- Elizalde-Utnick, G., & Guerrero, C. (2014). Best Practices in School-Based Services for Immigrant Children and Families. In: P. L. Harrison, & A. Thomas (Eds.), Best Practices in School Psychology: Foundations (pp.99-111). Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.
- Gibson, T. A., Peña, E. D., & Bedore, L. M. (2014). The receptive-expressive gap in bilingual children with and without primary language impairment. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 23, 655-667.
- Hass, M. R., & Kennedy, K. S. (2014). Integrated social-emotional assessment of the bilingual child. In A. B. Clinton, Assessing bilingual children in context: An integrated approach (pp. 163-187). Washington, DC: APA.
- Klingner, J., & NYCDOE (n.d.). Distinguishing language acquisition from learning disabilities. Downloaded from: http://schools.nyc.gov/Academics/ELL/default.htm
- Lauchlan, F. (2014). The nature of bilingualism and implications for educational psychologists. Educational & Child Psychology, 31(2), 8-20.
- Mahoney, K. (2017). The assessment of emergent bilinguals: Supporting English language learners. Blue Ridge Summit, PA: Multilingual Matters (selection from text)
National Association of School Psychologists. (2020). The pandemic’s impact on special education evaluations and SLD identification [handout]. Author.
- Rhodes, R. L., Ochoa, S. H., & Ortiz, S. O. (2005). Assessing culturally and linguistically diverse students: A practical guide. NY: Guilford. (selection from text)
- Romero, P. A., & Branscome, J. (2014). Acculturation and sociocognitive factors. In A. B. Clinton, Assessing bilingual children in context: An integrated approach (pp. 191-214). Washington, DC: APA.
- Van Rinsveld, A., Schiltz, C., Brunner, M., Landerl, K., & Ugen, S. (2016). Solving arithmetic problems in first and second language: Does the language context matter? Learning and Instruction, 42, 72-82.