In this session we will dig deeper into interpretation and integration of assessment data. We will discuss strategies for linking assessment to intervention, including strategies for differentiating instruciton for emergent bilinguals. We will begin with a quiz on the assigned readings and then discuss the material and engage in application activities.
1. Describe interpretation considerations.
2. Some of the interpretation questions in the Elizalde-Utnick & Romero reading have an asterisk. What is significant about those questions?
3. How can assessment results be presented in a culturally responsive, nondiscriminatory fashion?
4. Describe multitiered systems of support for English language learners.
5. Describe strategies for providing social-emotional support to emergent bilinguals and bilingual students.