Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Full Reading Citations
Readings: PDFs (password-protected) are available at the bottom of this page
- Aganza, J. S., Godinez, A., Smith, D., Gonzalez, L. G., & Robinson-Zañartu, C. (2015). Using cultural assets to enhance assessment of Latino students. Contemporary School Psychology, 19, 30-45.
- Bialystok, E., & Barac, R. (2013). Cognitive effects. In F. Grosjean & P. Li, The psycholinguistics of bilingualism (pp. 192-213). Wiley-Blackwell.
- Elizalde-Utnick, G., & Romero, P. A. (2017). Assessment of English Language Learners. In E. C. Lopez, S. Nahari, & S. Proctor (Eds.). Handbook of multicultural school psychology: An interdisciplinary perspective, 2nd Ed. (pp. 193-217). NY: Routledge.
- Elizalde-Utnick, G., & Guerrero, C. (2014). Best Practices in School-Based Services for Immigrant Children and Families. In: P. L. Harrison, & A. Thomas (Eds.), Best Practices in School Psychology: Foundations (pp.99-111). Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.
- Gibson, T. A., Peña, E. D., & Bedore, L. M. (2014). The receptive-expressive gap in bilingual children with and without primary language impairment. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 23, 655-667.
- Hass, M. R., & Kennedy, K. S. (2014). Integrated social-emotional assessment of the bilingual child. In A. B. Clinton, Assessing bilingual children in context: An integrated approach (pp. 163-187). Washington, DC: APA.
- Klingner, J., & NYCDOE (n.d.). Distinguishing language acquisition from learning disabilities. Downloaded from: http://schools.nyc.gov/Academics/ELL/default.htm
- Lauchlan, F. (2014). The nature of bilingualism and implications for educational psychologists. Educational & Child Psychology, 31(2), 8-20.
- Mahoney, K. (2017). The assessment of emergent bilinguals: Supporting English language learners. Blue Ridge Summit, PA: Multilingual Matters (selection from text)
- Rhodes, R. L., Ochoa, S. H., & Ortiz, S. O. (2005). Assessing culturally and linguistically diverse students: A practical guide. NY: Guilford. (selection from text)
- Romero, P. A., & Branscome, J. (2014). Acculturation and sociocognitive factors. In A. B. Clinton, Assessing bilingual children in context: An integrated approach (pp. 191-214). Washington, DC: APA.
- Van Rinsveld, A., Schiltz, C., Brunner, M., Landerl, K., & Ugen, S. (2016). Solving arithmetic problems in first and second language: Does the language context matter? Learning and Instruction, 42, 72-82.