Please complete Tasks 1 to 3 PRIOR to our Zoom session on June 21:
1. Complete the reading.
2. Prepare for Blackboard Quiz (RAT).
The 5-question multiple-choice quiz will be on the Rodriguez reading.
3. Take the Blackboard Quiz (RAT#6).
This RAT will be made available to you at 4:30 pm on June 21.
4. Join the Zoom session at 5:00 pm.
5. Blackboard Journal #4 Due Tuesday, June 22.
In this session we will explore the relationship between language, memory, and emotions. Do we feel differently in each of our languages? Are there age differences in how we recall events from our lives in each of our languages? These are some of the questions we will explore. We will begin with a quiz on the assigned reading and then discuss the material and engage in application activities.
Which of the following two contradictory claims is valid?
(1) Anger is conceptualized in the same way universally.
(2) Anger is a social construction and thus varies considerably from culture to culture.
We will explore this question in class and conduct an activity that will help you weigh the evidence in order to make an informed choice.