Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Annotation = Publishing
- Whether for a small group or general audience, publishing content builds student engagement.
- Annotation offers accessible publishing that enhance digital materials and OERs with compelling social, interactive and media elements.
- Benefits also include better tracking, searching and control of contributions to classroom discussion.
- Regular use of these tools (see subpages of this section for some of the most popular) improves research skills, extra-textual analysis and marshaling of varied resources and viewpoints.
- Classroom annotation encourages adaptive, creative uses of web content as collaborative publishing becomes more pervasive.
- Hypothes.is - Decentralized, versatile annotation of web text with group and privacy control
- Scalar - Powerful video and image annotation within an academic publishing platform.
- Manifold - Simple highlighting, annotation and resource association within a well-designed longform text interface.