A platform created by ISKME with an array of different applications geared specifically toward OER creation.
Ideal Use: Difficult to say due to the variety of applications in the platform, which attempts to appeal to projects of many sizes and backgrounds. Would appeal to those looking for a more tailored, structured solution rather than customizing an open-source foundation like Wordpress.
- Large user base, and large selection of resources available via participants to be collected and adapted by new users.
- Variety of applications include groups, hubs for larger networks of information and people, and microsites with custom branding and a larger suite of information and functionality.
- Platform usage requires accounts; more difficult to evaluate features and experiment than many other platforms.
- More robust options seem to be tied to partner and other arrangements with the platform organization.
- Visual customization may not be as flexible on more open platforms.