Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
OER Commons Intro (copied from homepage)
A platform created by ISKME with an array of different applications geared specifically toward OER creation.
Ideal Use: Difficult to say due to the variety of applications in the platform, which attempts to appeal to projects of many sizes and backgrounds. Would appeal to those looking for a more tailored, structured solution rather than customizing an open-source foundation like Wordpress.
- Large user base, and large selection of resources available via participants to be collected and adapted by new users.
- Variety of applications include groups, hubs for larger networks of information and people, and microsites with custom branding and a larger suite of information and functionality.
- Platform usage requires accounts; more difficult to evaluate features and experiment than many other platforms.
- More robust options seem to be tied to partner and other arrangements with the platform organization.
- Visual customization may not be as flexible on more open platforms.