Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Current week's course work schedule
- Quijano, A., & Wallerstein, I. (1992). Americanity as a concept, or the Americas in the modern world-system
- Oboler, Suzanne (2007) Latinas/os and the (Re)racializing of US Society and Politics
- Duany, Jorge. (2005). "Neither White nor Black: The Representation of Racial Identity Among Puerto Ricans on the Island and in the U.S. Mainland"
- Pérez y González, M. (2000). Puerto Ricans in the United States
Readings: Week 13
- Latin American Racial Hierarchy
- Racial and Cultural Integration
- Racialization in the United States
Readings: Week 13 (Recommended)
Latinas/os and the (Re)racializing of US Society and Politics.
Oboler, Suzanne (2007) Latinas/os and the (Re)racializing of US Society and Politics. In Flores, Flores, Juan, & Rosaldo, Renato. (Eds). A companion to Latina/o studies (Blackwell companions in cultural studies; 14). (pp. 469-478) Malden, MA ; Oxford: Blackwell Pub.