Access and borrowing privileges at Brooklyn College Library are limited to CUNY students, faculty, and staff; Brooklyn College alumni/ae; (alumni/ae only have access privileges) and individuals from certain affiliate institutions.
Brooklyn College issues a tangible (plastic) photo ID to all students, staff and faculty. Brooklyn College also has a convenient digital ID available in the BC Navigator App.
- Valid CUNY tangible ID or Valid Digital ID cards are required for access to the Library.·
- A tangible BC photo ID is required for first-time library barcode activation - necessary to borrow materials. Thereafter, a digital ID can be used to charge library materials.
- A tangible BC photo ID is required, along with a secondary photo ID, to borrow laptops, from the New Media Center.
- A tangible BC ID is needed to reserve group study and screen sharing rooms.
- BC digital ID may not be accepted for access at other CUNY Libraries, please be prepared to present your tangible ID when visiting other CUNY campuses and their libraries.
- Tangible BC ID is needed for use of Archival materials outside the Archives such as books that are left at the Reference Desk for afterhours use or microfilm used on the Lower Level.
Due to limited resources, Brooklyn College Library generally cannot accommodate members of the public or students and faculty from other universities and colleges.
Please see the tabs in this guide for more information.