Conformity with copyright restrictions is the responsibility of the instructor.
In order to comply with the fair use provision of Section 107 of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code), you cannot. . .
- reproduce more than 10% of a book;
- create an electronic course pack that is an exact replication of a published anthology;
- reproduce workbooks, exercises, standardized tests and test booklets and other published consumable material;
- systematic downloading from licenced databases, such as with bots or intelligent agents, is not permitted.
You may always...
- hyperlink from your Blackboard site to copyrighted material available on the Internet on your Blackboard site;
- use material in the public domain, i.e. material for which copyright has expired or has been waived. To determine if your submission is within the public domain, we suggest you use the Copyright Slider found at http://www.librarycopyright.net/digitalslider/ before submitting your materials and this form.