In order to provide an environment conducive to research and quiet study, the Brooklyn College Library prohibits the following activities:
- Loud talking, including cell phone conversations. Please switch ringers and notifications off or to vibrate. If you are in an extended conversation, please move to any public stairwell or the hallway behind the Reserve Reading Room.
- Loitering, roaming, running, or jumping
- Abusive language or public profanity
- Damaging library materials, equipment, or property
- Lying on furniture or floors or putting feet on furniture or walls
- Littering or making a mess
- Leaving personal property unattended
- Playing audio, except with earphones at low volume
- Posting signs anywhere in the Library, on any surface (except the first floor bulletin board)
- Soliciting, campaigning, or petitioning for any purpose
- The use of tobacco is prohibited on all grounds and facilities under CUNY jurisdiction, this policy applies to all tobacco and tobacco products including chewing tobacco and e-cigarettes.
Please see also CUNY Rules and Regulations for the Maintenance of Public Order.
Violations of Library policies and procedures could result in student disciplinary action.