Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Historical and contemporary views of the nature-nurture debate: A continuum of perspectives for the speech-language pathologist.
Gerber, S. & Wankoff, L. (2014). Historical and contemporary views of the nature-nurture debate: A continuum of perspectives for the speech-language pathologist. In Shulman, B. & Capone, N., Language development: Foundations, processes and clinical applications (pp. 21-43). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
A scale for assessing development of children’s play
Westby, C. (2000). A scale for assessing development of children’s play. In Gitlin-Weiner, K., Sandgrund, A. & Schaefer, C. (Eds.) Play Diagnosis and Assessment. Second edition. NY: Wiley. (Available on Blackboard.)
- American Psychological Association (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: APA. Print copies available at numerous CUNY libraries. Call #: BF76.7 .P83 2010
- Berko Gleason, J., & Bernstein Ratner, N. (2016). The development of language (9th ed.). Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon.
- Brice, A. E., & Brice, R. G. (2009). Language development: Monolingual and bilingual acquisition. Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon.
- Hulit, L. M., & Howard, M. R. (2015). Born to talk: An introduction to speech and language development (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson. Call #: P118 .H85 2015
- Justice, L. M., & Ezell, H. K. (2016). The syntax handbook: Everything you learned about syntax but forgot (2nd ed.). Austin, TX: Pro-Ed.
- Miller, J. F., Andriacchi, K., & Nockerts, A. (2015). Assessing language production using SALT software: A clinician’s guide to language sample analysis (2nd ed.). Middleton, WI: SALT Software.
- Nippold, M. A. (2014). Language Sampling with Adolescents : Implications for Intervention (Vol. Second edition). San Diego, California: Plural Publishing, Inc.
- Owens, R. E., Jr. (2016). Language development: An introduction (9th ed.). Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon.
- Pence Turnbull, K. L., & Justice, L. M. (2017). Language development from theory to practice (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Pinker, S. (2007). The language instinct : How the mind creates language (1st Harper Perennial Modern Classics ed.). New York: HarperPerennial ModernClassics. Call #: P106 .P476 2007
- Retherford, K. S. (2007). Guide to analysis of language transcripts (3rd ed.). Greenville, SC: Thinking Publications. Print copy and DVD available at Brooklyn College Library. Call # Stacks RJ496 .L35 R475 2007
Heilmann, J. J., Miller, J. F., & Nockerts, A. (2010). Using Language Sample Databases. Language, Speech & Hearing Services in Schools, 41(1), 84–95. https://doi-org.brooklyn.ezproxy.cuny.edu/10.1044/0161-1461(2009/08-0075)