When on campus, Google Scholar recognizes the college’s IP address range and automatically authenticates for full text access to articles available in our databases. To have similar access from off campus, it is easy to configure Google Scholar to access full text articles available through the library. Follow these steps:
2. Click on the 3 horizontal bars at the top left of the screen
3. Click on "settings" after the menu opens
4. Click on "library links" from the left hand menu
5. Search for “Brooklyn College Library” and tick the box next to “Brooklyn College Library- > Find full text at Brooklyn” (don't click both Brooklyn boxes!)
6. Click “save” to save your new setting to the Brooklyn College Library
7. Conduct your search in Google Scholar and now in the results list you have the option to click on “>Find fulltext at Brooklyn”
8. Click “>Find fulltext at Brooklyn” and authenticate with your Brooklyn College credentials to access the full text of the article.
Enrolled BC students:
Username: your 8-digit CUNY EmpID
Password format: FLMM/DD/YY
FL = your CUNYfirst official First and Last initials (upper case)
MM/DD/YY = your 6-digit birthdate with the slashes "/"
Example: If your name is Jalil Doe and your birthday is June 1, 1998, your password would be JD06/01/98
Faculty and staff:
Use your BC email credentials.